In celebrating the 2022 UNESCO Media and Information Literacy (MIL) week with the theme “Nurturing Trust: A Media and Information Literacy Imperative” and World Cities Day themed “Act Local to Go Global”; UNESCO in partnership with Zeitgeist Aesthetics, Light Up Africa Development Initiative and the MIL Alliance Youth Committee is launching series of essay competition and hackathon in Nigeria to explore how MIL help shape sustainable cities in Nigeria.
- Create awareness about MIL in Nigeria.
- Mobilize young people in Nigeria to develop creative ideas on how MIL can improve sustainable cities
- Support local initiatives to go global
- Leverage on youth innovation and creativity in response to and promoting MIL;
- Engage and build activities with the MIL CLICKERS community.
Hackathon Task: Submit any of the following innovations that can promote Media and Information Literacy and Foster Innovative Cities Development in Nigeria:
- A maximum of 90 seconds video of yourself or
- A Cartoon or
- Graphics/Art work
How to Participate: Post your video/cartoon/graphic work on any of the social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) using the hashtag #MILyouthNG and Tag @UNESCOAbuja and @MILYouthAlliance
- Phase 1: Call for application Launched. Deadline 7th December 2022
- Phase 2: Entries being reviewed by selected judges in December 2022
- Phase 3: Winners announced in December
- Entries can be English, Pidgin English and local languages (please indicate which local language you used);
- Entries from both individuals and collective groups are acceptable, but a collaborative group will be considered as one participant while reviewing and prizing;
- Entries within the framework of this call certifies and warrants that his/her/their submission does not violate the rights of a third party and/or any copyright;
- By submitting your entry, the participants authorize UNESCO and the participating Organisations to use their works for purpose of public information, including but not limited to publish the results of the call in the spoken, written, and/or electronic media – with the name of the creator(s) – and to exhibit or publish any of the submitted work anywhere in the world.
● 1st Winner – Laptop
● 2nd Winner – Digital Camera
● 3rd Winner – SmartPhone
Deadline: December 7, 2022 (5pm Abuja Time, GMT+1).