In the spirit of DLF’s long-standing commitment to being an open, inclusive community, welcoming members from all parts of the digital library, museum, archives, and cultural heritage sectors, and making every effort to connect conversations that extend beyond our organizational borders, through Forum Fellowships DLF welcomes new, dynamic voices and valuable perspectives that have enriched our events and larger community.
The DLF invites current or recently-graduated students (May 2020 and later) to apply for our DLF Forum Fellowships for Students. The Forum is an excellent place to learn about the latest advances in digital librarianship and allied fields, to meet new colleagues and contacts, and to get involved with DLF interest groups and initiatives.
All fellowships will include the following:
- Complimentary DLF Forum registration
- A complimentary room at the conference hotel for three nights (October 9-11)
- A stipend for travel and incidentals ($650)
- Invitations to special networking opportunities
- The option to present a short lightning talk during the conference
In return, Fellows agree to share a brief (500 word) reflection on their experiences to be published on the DLF blog after the Forum.
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, May 31, at 11:59pm ET. Read more about each opportunity below. Applicants will not receive more than one award but may apply for as many awards as they are eligible.
How To Apply?
• Open to graduate or undergraduate students seeking degrees in or considering a career related to libraries, archives, museums, cultural heritage, or digital humanities
• Recently-graduated students must not have received their degree prior to May 2020.
Preference will be given to those who have never received a Forum Fellowship. The DLF Forum Fellowship Committee, made up of community volunteers, will make award decisions. Applicants will be notified of their status by mid July.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For more information, visit the official website