Global Changemakers is a pioneer in supporting youth-led development projects and we are proud to be one of the few organizations globally who provide grant funding to young people through the support of our partners.
Details of Grants
During this funding cycle, we will award grants of 2,500 USD to projects working towards the Sustainable Development Goals in select states across the United States and Canada (below). Later in the year we will open applications for grants from other regions (get updates here).
The Eligibility Criteria are the minimum requirements a project must meet in order to be considered for a Grant.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years old.
- Applicants must reside in one of the target locations in the U.S. or Canada (below).
- Grantees must have knowledge and/or experience in implementing projects. It is not mandatory to have completed our Project Management for Changemakers Course to submit your application, but you will need to complete the course if selected to receive a grant, enroll here.
- Grants will be awarded to projects that work towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The proposed project must be implemented and completed within one year of receiving the grant in the city where you currently live.
- We expect grantees to be able to understand and express themselves comfortably in English. Proficiency levels C1 and above are recommended.
Unfortunately, we are unable to make exceptions to the requirements outlined above. Applicants and projects who do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered.
United States: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Washington D.C., Wisconsin.
Canada: Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg (or reside within driving distance of these cities).
How To Apply?
To apply for the grant you must fill in the official application form, we will not accept any other form of application. The form will ask for your details, information about your project and a link to a one minute video pitch.
Video Pitch Instructions
The video pitch should not exceed one minute and it should answer the following questions:
1. What social/environmental problem or SDG related challenge does your project seek to address?
2. How does your project/solution address the problem?
3. What motivates you to lead this project?