The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies. The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
The ADF-VDMA partnership aims at first-rate qualification for industrial personnel based on the German model of dual track training. The training programme is designed for the needs of the Nigerian industry and sustained by the expertise of German engineering. It offers vocational training for industrial workers as well as train-the-trainer programmes.The training concept is based on dual-track vocational training which combines theoretical and practical aspects.
This holistic approach reflects the needs of the industry and provides the trainees with a realistic and practice-oriented training addressing all required hard and soft skills. The inclusion of cutting-edge technologies such as the digitalization of industrial value-chains is at the heart of the training programme. Due to the close strong involvement of the Dangote Group and other Nigerian companies the course content is consistently geared to the practical requirements of the local industry.
Trainers of the German training service provider Professional Training Solution GmbH (PTS) ensure a first-rate training programme. They are highly-qualified with long-standing experiences in technical and vocational training worldwide. PTS has been successfully providing its services for international customers for more than 35 years. This company was selected for the Nigerian-German training initiative due to its expertise and excellent reputation. Furthermore, trainers of Dangote Academy have been professionally trained by PTS in order to conduct the courses within the ADF-VDMA Technical Training Programme.
Advantages Of Training
• Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
• Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
• Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
• High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
• Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
• Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies
The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees.
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
The trainings are open to the following groups:
• School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
• Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
• Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and course
• Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
• Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
• Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
• Applicant must be a graduate of a Technical College
Benefits Of The Training
The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
Read more on the Dangote Foundation Training Programme 2022 website