The Caux Peace and Leadership Programme (CPLP) is a one month programme where learning is achieved through experience, interaction and service, rather than academic study. Moreover, it is a unique opportunity to look behind the scenes of a Conference and Seminar Centre by contributing actively to welcoming and serving each other and those who attend the Caux Forum. There are two levels: ‘Discoverer’ and ‘Practitioner’ which run side by side.
You can join the programme either for the first time as a ‘Discoverer’ or as a ‘Practitioner’ to build on past experiences with IofC and/or the CPLP. In both cases, you will be asked to choose one of the Caux Conference and Seminar Centre’s Hospitality departments where you will complete the practical part of the programme.
Year 1: Discoverer
This group is open to those who want to develop specific skills. You will receive expert tuition on facilitation for dialogue, the theory and practice of storytelling, and developing your training skills.
As part of the group attending the programme for the first time, you will primarily focus on:
- Looking at yourselves: personal leadership, our values, our assumptions, who we are, tools to find inner peace
- Looking at the wider CPLP group: learning more about each other, other cultures and exploring storytelling as a skill to break down stereotypes
- Exploring the concept of dialogue: facilitation and how to have difficult conversations, how to find what rather than who is right
- Concepts of leadership: exploring and improving leadership skills through our personal interactions with our team
- Inspiring, equipping and connecting changemakers as you prepare to return to your communities
- Engaging in active discussions on topical global issues
- Exploring Initiatives of Change’s (IofC) values and approach
Year 2: Practitioner
Building on Year 1, this group is for participants who want to continue to develop specific skills to prepare them for a practical opportunity or project in their communities after Caux. Those who apply as Practitioners will already have taken part in a Caux or IofC training programme and will have some experience in delivery, facilitation/coaching, mentoring, project management or teambuilding.
It is not a given that attending CPLP Year 1 will lead to acceptance into the Practitioner group.
As a returning participant, you will mainly focus on:
- Deepening your understanding of IofC values and applying them in your daily lives.
- Deeper exploration of Dialogue Facilitation as a tool for peace building, exploring and developing our internal and external listening skills and, time permitting, working with conference teams within the Caux Forum as Community Group Facilitators.
- More in-depth learning about presentation skills and storytelling, including using these freshly developed skills to train others.
- More time spent within the Caux Forum and delving deeper into the conference topics in dialogues.
- Dialogues on global issues facilitated by members of the Programme
- Taking on leadership roles within the Caux Forum and developing self-assessment skills.
Who can apply?
You are welcome to apply for either stage of the programme if:
- You are aged 18 to 45 years old
- You are available for the full session (30 days) in Caux
- You have adequate travel and health insurance for Switzerland
- You apply with a valid passport
- You have excellent written and oral English communication skills
It is a plus if:
- You have a recommendation letter from someone who is connected to the CPLP, an IofC initiative or national team
- If you are already part of an IofC team or have attended an IofC Programme anywhere in the world (including CPLP)
- In some departments French/German is an asset
Click here to apply
Deadline to apply is January 20, 2019.
The programme will take place from Saturday 22 June to Sunday 21 July 2019.
The Caux Peace and Leadership Programme takes place in Caux, a little village in the Swiss mountains above Montreux, overlooking Lake Geneva. All programme participants will be provided with room and board at the Caux Palace
Read more on the Caux Peace and Leadership Programme Switzerland website
warm greetings to you from The Gambia.
Please if possible i wish to be updated with upcoming programs.
Comments are closed.