UNESCO MGIEP and ActionAid Arab Regional Initiative will be organizing the 8th edition of the Talking Across Generations on Education as the main launch event. Along the vision of mobilizing youth voices for inclusion in the highest levels of policymaking processes, the TAGe will bring together, on an equal platform, 9 distinguished Arab youth and 3 senior decision makers to brood together and interrogate each other on the theme: Arab Youth: A Force for Good. Specifically, they will deliberate and share actionable ideas on education, youth civic engagement and prevention of violent extremism.
From this call, UNESCO MGIEP and ActionAid Arab Region will select 25 youth for the 3-day #YouthWagingPeace Young Peacebuilders’ Workshop, 11-14 December, Amman Jordan. 15 of the 25 selected applicants will be from Jordan and 10 from the Middle East and Northern African countries.
To get more, join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
From this 25, nine youth will be selected to participate in the TAGe MENA event on the Official Launch of the Arabic Version of #YouthWagingPeace – Action Guidelines for PVEE on 10 December 2018. Each selected applicant might have the opportunity to be one of the 9 TAGe youth as well as part of the 3-day workshop.
Click here to apply
Deadline: December 9
- Age: 18-35
- Must participate in the ongoing online discussion and submit an Act of Kindness for either SDG Goal 4/4.7 or 16
- Area of expertise: Prevention of Violent Extremism through education; conflict resolution, youth engagement, education policy, youth policy, inter-cultural dialogue, gender-based violence/violent extremism, broad educator-peace-builder expertise. Specifically, the prevention of violent extremism
- Active – on the ground: must be currently involved in the ‘area of expertise’ listed above. The applicant must be currently working with communities and stakeholders on the ground.
- Influential: Highly influential and able to mobilize grassroots youth and community stakeholders in hundreds or thousands
- Good communication as well as facilitation skills (will have to go and train others!)
- Good social and social media skills
- Multilingual (Knowledge of Arabic, English and French)
Eligible Regions: Middle East and North Africa Region.