The UK Mission to the United Nations & World Health Organisation in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at many international organisations in Geneva and is recruiting a highly motivated Health Intern.
The internship will offer a unique opportunity to participate in the Mission’s multilateral work as an integral part of the UK delegation to the UN, and in particular the World Health Organisation (WHO), under the guidance of senior staff. The Intern will sit within the Health Team and provide support to the daily functioning of the team and its objectives.
The internship will also offer the intern an opportunity to get insight into the work of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Department for International Development and the Department of Health, to learn about working on multilateral issues in an international context.
A supervisor will guide the intern and provide on-the-job training and evaluation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring meetings and events at the World Health Organisation and the United Nations, drafting reports from these meetings and, once cleared, circulating to relevant policy leads across government;
- Participating and supporting in the organising of events and high-level visits;
- Other administrative tasks as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- The successful candidate need to be highly motivated, flexible individual with excellent skills in communication (verbal and written) and organisation, willing to take initiative. Will have strong research and analysis skills, and demonstrate a strong interest in developing their experience in global health security and the UN;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in the field of health, international development or international relations, or relevant field.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Prior relevant internship or work experience in the field of health or at the UN, in health policy and/or diplomacy;
- Knowledge of French or another UN language would be an asset;
- Master’s Degree or equivalent, ideally in the field of health, international development or international relations.
Number of vacancies: 1
Stipend / Allowance: 1,250
Start Date: 1 January 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
All applicants should have permission to live and work in Switzerland. Applicants must hold a full passport valid for at least 12 months for any EU / Schengen country.
The UK Mission will offer the intern a monthly training allowance of 1,250 CHF. Please note that the intern will need to arrange and pay for his or her own travel, accommodation, mandatory health insurance, as well as any other costs. This internship will be for a period of 6 months.
The final appointment will be dependent upon successful security clearance. Please note that selected candidates may have to visit the Mission (around 4-6 weeks before starting) for a security interview, which is also at their own cost.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the UK Mission will not be able to meet the costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Read more on the Health Internship With UK Mission TO United Nations website
I real thank you for such information. I would like to be getting information.
Comments are closed.