At the request of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA), UN-NGLS and the United Nations Peacebuilding Support Office are facilitating a process to identify 8 stakeholder respondents to speak from the floor during the interactive dialogues, and for stakeholders to apply to attend this event as observers.
- Interactive Dialogue I – Sustainable Financing for Peace
- Interactive Dialogue II – Strengthening the United Nations Work on Peacebuilding and Sustaining Peace in the Field
- Interactive Dialogue III – Strategic Partnerships with the United Nations in the Field for Peace
- Interactive Dialogue IV – UN Comprehensive and Integrated Approach to Peace
> Travel funding is NOT available from the UN to support the participation of stakeholder observers in this meeting.
Before submitting an application to attend the event, please:
• is a representative of a stakeholder organization that has had a long-term programmatic focus on peacebuilding and sustaining peace;
• has demonstrated the ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
• is available to be in New York on 24-25 April 2018;
• has a visa for travel to New York, or is able to obtain one for travel to New York without assistance from the UN. Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in the candidate’s country or place of residence.
UN-NGLS will facilitate a stakeholder Selection Committee for the evaluation and short-listing of the candidates for the respondent speaking roles to be presented to OPGA for their consideration. The Committee will ensure regional and gender balance, and diversity of constituency and expertise in the overall set of candidates. The President of the General Assembly will make the final selection of the speakers for this event.
To apply as a speaker
Click here to apply as a speaker
18 March 2018 – Apply to speak or for Stakeholder Selection Committee
31 March 2018 – Apply to attend as an observer
Apply for the Stakeholder Selection Committee here by 18 March 2018:
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter
Read more at the UN General Assembly website