Generation SDG is the fourth Summit hosted by Waterloo Global Science Initiative (WGSI). WGSI brings together brilliant minds and unheard voices from different disciplines, generations, and geographies to address the pressing challenges of tomorrow — today.
Generation SDG will focus on bringing together a multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral and multi-generational group of people working on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in Canada to build a robust ecosystem for implementation at home and abroad. The goal is to develop a cohesive Canadian narrative and clear pathways for collaboration that will help catalyse the implementation of the SDGs in Canada.
A key part of WGSI’s Summit structure is ensuring that 50% of the room (about 20 people) are young leaders between the ages of 18 and 30. To facilitate this, WGSI finances and coordinates all pre-approved air and ground travel, accommodations, and meals for participants during the Summit.
Travel, meals & accommodations covered!
Join Diplomacy Opportunities Facebook group here and follow @DiplomacyOpp on Twitter
What WGSI aims to achieve at the Generation SDG Summit is a multi-dimensional approach to:
- Identifying a clear set of cross-cutting actions that can advance implementation efforts;
- Supporting the sub-national implementation of the goals;
- Enabling the ecosystem of actors that will carry out this work.
Click here to apply
- aged 18 to 30 as of February 18, 2018
- current resident of Canada
- verbal and written English language proficiency
- able to attend the Summit from April 22-25, 2018
- Applications must be received by midnight EST on February 11, 2018.
- Two (2) recommendation letters must be received by midnight EST on February 18, 2018.